Ancient Domains Of Mystery
What are the 3 types of software?--Computers are managed by software. Software may be divided into three categories: system, utility, and application.
What is the difference between download and install?--The act of "downloading" a file is distinct from "installing" it. Instructions to utilize the downloaded data to modify your computer are "installing" the file. The file does not alter or be updated if installation is not performed.
What is software used for?--Software is a collection of instructions, data, or computer programs used to run machines and carry out certain activities. It is the antithesis of hardware which refers to a computer external components. A device running programs, scripts, and applications are collectively referred to as "software" in this context.
Ancient Domains of Mystery (ADOM) is a rogue-like game, which means that it is a single-user game featuring the exploration of a dungeon complex. In the case of ADOM, you also explore a large wilderness area with villages and many special locations. You control a fictional character described by race, class, attributes, skills, and equipment. This fictional character is trying to achieve a specific goal and succeed in a difficult quest. To fulfill the quest, you have to explore previously undiscovered tunnels and dungeons, fight hideous monsters, uncover long-forgotten secrets, and find treasures of all kinds.
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 1.1.1 BETA 5
- Trolls sacrificing rocks no longer crash the game.
- Walk Mode now really stops before hitting an altar.
- Fixed a bug which attributed alignments to all kinds of items instead of just corpses and living sacrifices (this was a misguided attempt to fix bug #993 in ADOM 1.1.0).
- A bug in the drowning code has been fixed (if C were a bit more exact in checking expressions this never could have happened… *sigh*).
- A bug in the damage handling code has been fixed.
- The drakeling breath weapon no longer crashes the game.
- The various wealth-related talents no longer yield as much money.
- The various ‘… Skilled’ talents no longer crash the game.
- ‘Auto_Select_Doors’ now works correctly.
- Monsters who decide to rage blindly no longer will attack themselves.
- The status line now is updated after wiping your face.